Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Allergy friendly Spaghetti Sauce

Ok I Know some of my moms to food allergic kids have asked for my spaghetti sauce!! Ok as promised I will finally write a blog post about it!!

I normally do it by feel honestly, I have never really measured out the ingredients so i will give you the rough draft.

(3) 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes.
(2) 5  oz cans of tomato paste.  * you can also do one 15 oz can of tomato sauce for a more liquid sauce*
4 TBSP of minced dried onions or 1 large whole white onion.
4 TBSP of Italian seasoning WITHOUT garlic.
1 or 2 LB of ground beef, turkey, or sausage!!

I mix them all up and allow the meat to cook in with the sauce!! It takes about an hour to cook all the meat. If you want a stronger more robust sauce add sun-dried tomatoes or add some spice!!

Most parents with a Kid with a Garlic allergy most likely and in some cases have issues with onions. I have never had the problem. I have not find a sauce on the store shelves that are not free of garlic and most times find it frustrating that I have to mix something together that tastes just as good as the store bought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment